Registrar's Office

The Newbury College Registrar's Office is the central academic support office within the College. It handles the processing of student registrations, final grades, mid-term progress reports, course rosters, student schedules, transfer credits, academic honors, degree audit, graduation clearance, withdrawals/leave of absences, certification of student enrollment and transcript requests. The office also produces the course offerings, the final exam schedule, and the College's academic calendars. Additionally, the office is responsible for all enrollment reporting as well as various internal and external federal reports and surveys.


Transcript Requests (Official and Unofficial) 

  • Both official and unofficial transcripts contain all academic information about a student, such as courses, grades and grade point average (GPA).
  • Official transcripts include the signature of the Registrar and the Newbury College seal.
  • Unofficial transcripts have the same student information as the official transcripts but do not have the Registrar's signature or the College seal.

How To Order a Transcript

Newbury College has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse to offer you 24/7 online ordering of transcripts. The cost of transcripts is $10.00 each. You can place as many orders as you like in one session using any major credit card, which will only be charged after your order has been completed. Order updates will be emailed to you and you can track your order online using your email address and order number.

Your signed consent is required to fulfill your transcript order. We have elected the paperless consent option which will allow your signed consent online, which will allow your order to be processed immediately.

The Registrar's Office does not accept email transcript requests. You must go to National Student Clearinghouse where you will be allowed to choose your desired delivery option (i.e. Hold for Pickup/Mail).

Requests received from the Clearinghouse may take up to three weeks to process. However, if you need your transcript sooner, you may request an unofficial copy by visiting the Registrar's Office in person.

NOTE: Academic transcripts cannot be released if there is any outstanding financial obligation to Newbury College.

FERPA Consent Form

In compliance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), which is a federal law that protects the privacy of student education records, Newbury College cannot release information pertaining to a student’s record without prior written consent of the student or upon lawful subpoena or other court order. 

Please click here to download the latest FERPA consent to release of education records form.

The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) is a federal law that requires the College to maintain the confidentiality of student educational records and is intended to be a safeguard against unauthorized release of information contained in a student’s education records. The Act applies to all enrolled students, former students, and alumni. It does not apply to students seeking admission.

Within the framework of the law and Newbury College policies and procedures, students and/or parents (if the parent(s) claim the student as a dependent under IRS Code of 1954) have the right to:

• Inspect and review all of a student’s educational records (except those specified under the regulations)
• Petition to have the student’s educational record corrected or amended, a process governed by procedures set forth in Newbury College policy, including the right to a hearing,
• Control access to a student’s educational record, except as otherwise defined and regulated.

Though students have rights to privacy and control, College officials (administrators and faculty) also have access rights to student records when the officials have legitimate educational interest, for instance, when they are carrying out such functions as counseling and advising, or when there is a need for information regarding promotion, retention, and other requirements related to a student’s progress and educational needs. Not included in this definition are:

• Confidential letters of recommendation written before January 1, 1975,
• Campus police records,
• Financial records submitted to the College by the parent(s) of a student,
• Those parts of education records that reveal confidential information about another student,
• Records created by a member of the faculty or an academic or administrative official of the College for his/her private use,
• Records to which a student has waived his/her right to access,
• Alumni records compiled from information after the student has graduated.

Records for each student are maintained in the Registrar’s Office, located in the Academic Center.

Students may choose to waive their rights under FERPA by completing the FERPA Release Form, available on the Newbury website or from the Registrar’s Office. A signed form allows the College to share information regarding grades, transcripts, academic standing, course schedules, and financial aid/student accounts with parents, guardians, or others as authorized by the student. Signed FERPA release forms should be submitted to the Registrar’s Office.

Under the College’s policy, personally identifying information that comes under the category of directory information may, at times, be released without student permission. Directory information includes date and place of birth, field of study, degrees and awards received, and other similar information. The College presumes that the release of such information is agreeable to eligible students. If a student does not want directory information released, the student must make this request in writing to the Dean of Student Affairs.

To inspect or review his/her records, a student must submit a request in writing to the Registrar’s Office. If requested, copies of a student’s record are available to the student for a fee to cover the cost of copying. The College has the right to deny a student a copy of the following records:

• A transcript for any student for which a financial “hold” exists (a “hold” is imposed if the student fails to pay term bills, fees, or fines),
• A copy of an original transcript from another institution.

If a student believes that his or her rights under FERPA have been violated, he or she may file a complaint with Newbury College’s Dean of Student Affairs or with the U.S. Department of Education, 400 Maryland Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20202.

Please click here to download the latest FERPA consent to release of education records form


Petition to Graduate

Please  click here for the petition to graduate form.


Newbury Logo

c/o Regus | 1309 Beacon St. | Suite 300 | Brookline, MA 02445

data-cookie-options="{'domain': ''}">

We use cookies on this website. By continuing to use the website, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out how to manage cookies here or Accept & hide message